JOB TITLE: Scheduling Specialist (This is an in-office position)
HOURLY RATE: $19-$23/hr depending on experience
SCHEDULE: M-F 9:00 – 6:00pm
Premier Pediatric Therapy Source is an innovative and rapidly growing therapist-owned practice that offers Occupational, Physical, Speech Therapy, and Nutrition Counseling services to children birth to 18 years within family homes, the community, Telehealth as well as in our state-of-the-art clinic located in Annandale, VA.
We are seeking an experienced Scheduler to grow with our practice and manage appointments for 15 therapy providers. Must have experience scheduling for multiple providers and have strong customer service, multi-tasking, organization, and proactive thinking skills to be successful in this role. You will be the first person our families encounter when calling the office so confidence and making a great first impression on the phone as well as in-person is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures families have an exceptional experience throughout their child's therapy program.
- Maintains a clean and welcoming front office environment.
- Manages all incoming referrals and the practice’s waitlist.
- Schedules appointments for evaluations, follow-up visits, makeup sessions, and scheduling changes.
- Takes a proactive approach to optimizing provider schedules and uses analytical problem solving to resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Maintains consistent communication and collaboration with providers regarding scheduling needs and changes.
- Ensures a smooth and efficient front office workflow and adapts workflows according to practice growth.
- Implements and enforces COVID, cancellation, and attendance policies with families while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Data entry into the practice's EMR system.
- Runs daily and weekly statistical reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
- AA Degree or higher
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a scheduler for therapy or medical practice, preferably in pediatrics.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Must possess strong conflict resolution and customer service skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the day-to-day operations of the practice, identify moderately complex business processes and propose solutions for increased efficiency and profitability.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments, with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy in order to meet deadlines and complete daily tasks.
- Must have a working knowledge of modern office technology including Electronic Medical Records, equipment, and procedures.
- Proficient with basic computer programs (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Windows 10, Internet, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of laws and ethics related to health insurance billing and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Completion of an FBI Background Check
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Eligible after successful completion of 90 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vacation and Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance