- Status: Full Time.
- Hourly Rate: $18-$22/hr depending on experience.
- Reports to: Operations Manager.
Premier Pediatric Therapy Source is a growing, therapist-owned practice that provides Occupational, Physical, Speech and Nutrition services to children birth to 18 years within family homes, the community as well as in our new state-of-the-art clinic located in Annandale, Virginia. We are currently seeking an outgoing, experienced professional for our Care Coordinator position who is looking to grow with our practice and will ensure our families receive an exceptional experience.
Who Is Perfect for This Position:
The Ideal Candidate will be a great asset to our Family Care Department. If you are a great listener, love to learn, and have a heart of service and compassion for children and families this position is for you. Confidence, exceptional customer service skills, and the ability to show flexible thinking is a must.
A successful candidate in this role has a proven track record in efficiency and growth and takes a proactive approach to maximize schedules for multiple providers, understands the importance of generating revenue, and consistently connects and communicates well with our team, vendors, and families.
You will be the first person our families encounter when calling our office so making a great first impression on the phone and in-person is a must.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Ensures families have an exceptional experience throughout their child's therapy program.
- Maintains a clean and welcoming reception area.
- At the front desk, answers incoming calls and schedules appointments for evaluations, ongoing therapies, and special events for our outpatient clinic program.
- Manages all incoming referrals
- Manages the practice's waitlist.
- Soft marketing new service offerings to existing and new families.
- Sends reminder notifications prior to scheduled appointments.
- Maximizes provider schedules on a daily basis and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Ensures compliance with cancellation and attendance policies while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Alongside the Operations Manager follows up with families to inquire about their experience.
- Data entry and collect/post client payments into practice management and workflow systems.
- Performs insurance verifications and obtains initial authorizations, as needed.
- Reviews the cost of care with families.
- Ensures consistent communication and collaboration with the billing and management team to ensure efficient workflows
- Assists with special projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BA Degree or higher or Healthcare certification.
- Minimum 2 years experience as a scheduler or front desk receptionist for a therapy or healthcare practice, preferably in pediatrics.
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday, 9 am - 6 pm.
- Exceptional customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the day to day operations of the scheduling process and its impact on the overall viability of a practice.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy.
- Decisiveness with a strong ability to independently problem-solve.
- Working knowledge of modern office technology including Electronic Medical Records.
- Proficient with basic computer programs (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Windows 10, Outlook, etc.).
- Working knowledge and understanding of insurance benefits and authorization requirements.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with insurance companies and maintain high standards of professionalism.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Successful completion of an FBI Background Check.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- BENEFITS: Eligible after successful completion of 90 days of employment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Vacation and Personal Leave.
- Paid Holidays.
- And more.